PEDAL Consulting starts collaboration with the Slovak University of Agriculture within the GREEN TECH LAB project
The GreenTechLab in Slovakia has a new local partner. PEDAL Consulting, implementing the project in the country, has established collaboration with the Slovak University of Agriculture. The collaboration will be focused on supporting start-ups and projects that create solutions for climate protection and sustainability mainly in the field of agriculture, farming and bio-based economy.
During the implementation period of the project, 7 innovative GreenTech laboratories will be created (4 local, 2 mobile and 1 virtual), taking the advantage of a strong European network supporting ecological start-ups in target regions and sharing inspiration and ideas for green start-ups at a transnational level.
The aim of the GreenTechLabs is to provide user-oriented, innovative support services to young qualified and committed people in the region in the development of new green business and project ideas.
In Slovakia, a local and mobile virtual hub have been established in cooperation with the Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra (SUA). Their focus is primarily the support of innovations in the field of sustainable agriculture, bioeconomy, or regional development of rural areas.
SUA implements several projects aimed at supporting innovation, including:
- EIT Food Hub, which aims to contribute to the development of new entrepreneurial talents, to support their innovative ideas and to expand activities in accordance with the food strategy and business plans of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) (https://eit.uniag.sk/)
- Creative centre of SUA (1/2021-9/2023) – which will serve as an Innovative Platform for Bioeconomy, supporting the emergence of green start-ups (https://www.uniag.sk/sk/aktualne-informacie/spu-v-nitre-podpori-kreativne-myslenie-a-talent-ziskala-projekt-na-vybudovanie-kreativneho-centra/)
- Food Incubator implemented within the frames of the Drive4SIFood project (https://www.uniag.sk/sk/aktualne-informacie/spu-ziskala-projekt-zamerany-na-vyvoj-a-spracovanie-kvalitnych-bezpecnych-a-inovativnych-potravin/)
- Smart Farm (https://www.uniag.sk/sk/aktualne-informacie/spu-sa-uspesne-zapojila-do-projektu-zameraneho-na-koncept-inteligentneho-farmarstva/)
- Projects implemented under the Rural Development programme 2014-2020: education for start-ups in agribusinesses
- Participation in the EIP calls (innovation partnerships)
As the aim of the project is also creating networks, knowledge and experience sharing between the project partners, the representatives of SUA also contribute their expertise to the implementation of activities in other project countries. On May 27, as part of a 4-day training in Greece, there will be a webinar “Social Innovations in Regional Development – Agriculture and Food”, led by doc. Mgr. Ing. Danka Moravcikova, PhD.
Further reading: GREEN TECH LABS Project Kicksoff